With an accredited climatic test at DELTA, you can have your product tested on several parameters: Temperature (high and low), humidity (constant and cyclic), thermal shock, corrosion, as well as ice accumulation.
Your product will probably be used by your clients in many different climatic conditions. Perhaps in various countries and regions, and probably also during different seasons, or with different indoor thermal conditions. Therefore, it is advisable to test the product’s functionality for different climatic parameters, before you put it on the market. This allows you to ascertain whether the product is sufficiently robust and reliable under different climatic conditions.
With an accredited climatic test at DELTA, you can have your product exposed to several parameters: Temperature (high and low), moisture (constant and cyclic), thermal shock, corrosion, as well as ice accumulation.
With a test report from DELTA, you will have documentation which shows that your product can withstand the conditions that it will be exposed to during normal use. This allows you to prevent start-up problems, the freezing of moving parts, malfunction, changes in electronic parameters, such as those caused by changed climatic conditions.
With an accredited climatic test, you will achieve a number of strategic advantages:
- Possibility to adjust the design prior to launch
- Lower risk of product complaints and repair costs
- Clear documentation for CE marking or other types of approval of your product.
DELTA is accredited to perform climatic tests, and has advanced testing facilities for this purpose. We have some of the industry’s most experienced and knowledgeable testing experts who focus on that you end up with a complete and successful result.
By choosing DELTA as your partner for climatic tests, you will get:
- Accredited third-party test
- Tests which are methodologically correct
- Testing conducted according to the standards that are relevant to your industry
- Expert advice on whether any adjustments are needed to the test procedure or product design
- Access to extensive knowledge about standards, via DELTA’s active participation in standardisation working groups
- The possibility to expand the testing to include other parameters.
DELTA offers climatic tests and other environmental tests for mechanical, electronic, and electromechanical products. We have expertise within the following segments:
- Consumer electronics
- Industrial electronics
- Medical devices and welfare
- Military and aerospace
- Marine and offshore
- Machinery and production equipment
- Technical audiology
- IT and telecom
- Automotive and transportation
- Wind and energy
Locations: Hørsholm, Nordborg
Standards: IEC600-2-1, IEC600-2-2, IEC600-2-3, IEC600-2-14, IEC600-2-14, IEC600-2-78, IEC600-2-38 or according to your specifications.
Temperature range: -85 °C to 180 °C
Humidity: 20 % RH to 98 % RH
Rate of change: 5 °C/min.
Dimensions (HxWxD): 360 x 365 x 290 cm
Access (HxB): 230 x 170 cm
Thermal shock test
Temperature range: -80 °C to 220 °C
Rate of change: Less than 10 sec.
The effective volume (HxWxD): 40 x 46 x 60 cm
Salt fog test
Temperature range: Ambient to approx. +50 °C
(LxHxD) 2100 x 1508 x 800 mm
Practical piece weight max. approx. 300 kg